The stars of Pash-Mara
The great Phoenix
The great phoenix has a long history with the plain of Pash-Mara. Intervening in the great conflict between the inhabitants of the Yancharl continent against the the armies of the demongiant god Ymir. The Pharaos of the Nila river see the phoenix as a sacred protector. They feel indebted to the great phoenix that they watch over the eggs of lesser phoenixes that roost in a temple deep in the dessert. The great phoenix even inspired a martial art tradition known as the Way of the phoenix.Huge elemental, any good alignment
- Armor Class* 19
- Hit Points* 270(20d12+130)
Speed 20ft. fly 150 ft.
- Condition Immunities* petrified, poisoned, blinded
Damage Resistances cold, bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from nonmagical weapons
Damage Immunities fire, radiant
Senses passive Perception 19
Languages Common, Primordial
- Challenge 28* (120,000 XP)
- Legendary Resistance* (3/Day). If the phoenix fails a saving throw, it can choose to succeed instead
- Innate Spellcasting.* The great phoenix’s spellcasting ability is Wisdom (spell save DC 24). The great phoenix can innately cast the following spells, requiring no material components
- At will:* detect magic, flame strike, daylight, control flames, scorching ray, flaming sphere, wall of fire
3/day each: conjure elemental (fire elemental only), heal, fire storm, sunbeam, aura of vitality, reincarnate
1/day each: meteor swarm, power word heal
Talons. Melee Weapon Attack: +12 to hit, reach 5ft., one target. Hit 17 (2d6 + 10) piercing damage
The phoenix can take 3 legendary actions, choosing from the options below. Only one legendary action option can be used at a time and only at the end of another creature’s turn. The phoenix regains spent legendary actions at the start of its turn
Cast Spell.. The phoenix casts a spell that it can cast at will using the Innate Spellcasting feature.
Soulfire. The flames of a phoenix are infused with the power of its soul. Whenever the phoenix casts a spell that deals fire damage, it can choose to deal radiant damage instead until the end of its next turn.
Fires of Creation (Costs 3 Actions). The phoenix calls upon the sacred fire that lies beneath the firmament of all creation, casting the sunburst spell.